Here's a brief run-down on my absence of the last three weeks or so:
- ER visit #1--nausea and...other unpleasantness; CT scan #1; sent home
- ER visit #2--pain--a hella lot of pain; CT scan #2; diagnosed with a hernia; sent home
- Doctor visit--scheduled a surgical consult--Pain continued to escalate into
- ER visit #3--somebody finally had the good sense to call in the surgeon and get me admitted
- Hernia surgery--sent home with painkillers and post-op instructions after 3 days in hospital
- 2nd day home, started having nausea and...other unpleasantness...again, which led to
- ER visit #4--Apparently, being unable to sip water and keep it down will get you admitted quicker than screaming pain--who knew?
- Another three days in hospital, during which digestive system HOPEFULLY reset itself, and the hernia incision healed nicely.
I am now home, and praying to God that I get to stay here this time. Meanwhile, I tend to the SuperToddler as best I can, even though I won't be able to pick her up for another two weeks (proving that even Papa STILL being layed-off has its silver lining), while Good Man Michael packs us up and moves us, because our rental lease just ran out. I know there could always be more chaos in our lives, but I really think we're about as fully stocked up on it as we can handle for right now.
The sweet little SuperToddler has been a little trooper about it all, trying to roll with our punches and not freak out over all these disruptions to our daily routine, but she has been pretty worried at times. Yesterday she announced, "Mommy is here and Papa is here!" She also caught sight of my incision; she had to look me very seriously in the eye and ask, "Are you OK?" I explained to her that I was, that this was my "OW-ie" that the doctors had worked on and now it was getting all better. After that, she could run off and watch her Leap Frog video again.